Sunday, February 15, 2009

WAHM Spotlight - Marlene @ Radiant

This week's WAHM Spotlight goes to my Artfire Buddy, Marlene @ Radiant. I purchased a beautiful shirt from her last month and I love it! I have enjoyed reading her bio and I am sure you will too. Thanks, Marlene ~ Crystal
Marlene's BIO:

My mother was an award-winning painter, knitter, needlepointer, and designer of many a hand crafted item. She taught me to knit at a very young age,and when my older sister and cousins started their families, the baby would receive a knitted sweater, jumper or snow suit. Every now and then I'd sneak in an adult sweater for other family members or myself. Later on, I learned to needlepoint, crochet, paint and hand craft toys.

In 2008 I created an online shop called YaYa Marsy. The shop was born out of my love for babies, toddlers and children. I have been handcrafting for this young, sweet age set since I can remember. These little ones will always hold a special place in my heart. In fact, I refuse to accept that my two teenagers are not babies anymore. Later in 2008, word was out that the laws would be changing for products sold for the 12 and under ages, and I knew I had to take my business in a new direction.

Enter Radiant, my online shop created in late 2008 on the ArtFire website. Thankfully, my tastes in art media are forever expanding, so in Radiant I am enjoying highlighting humor and art with the sparkling intensity of Swarovski crystals. Please vist my shop at http://www.radiant.artfire.com/.

One last tidbit. I donate 10% of all proceeds from Radiant directly to the lab of Dr. Denise Faustman at Massachusetts General Hospital. She isfeverishly working on a cure for Type 1 Diabetes, and her work is solely funded by private donations.

Marlene Eldemirehttp://us.mc01g.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=meldemire@yayamarsy.comhttp://www.radiant.artfire.com/

No comments: