Wednesday, November 12, 2008

About Us

Hello. My name is Crystal Beavin and I am the owner of A Touch of Tabitha. I started my business in 2003 after my husband convinced me that I should. In fact, I remember the day clearly when my husband took me to the county office to get my DBA under the name of House of Thread. I was 9 months pregnant with our youngest child. On our way home that morning I told him to go straight to the hospital because I believed I was in labor. About five hours later our little girl was born. I started my own business and had a baby all in the same day! That's was the most productive day of my life!

I have been married to my wonderful husband for 19 years and together we have four beautiful children. We are a homeschooling family for the past 12 years. We have been living in the Dallas area since 2000 and absolutely love it here!

I worked House of Thread for about a year and a half, but I found it very difficult to keep up with everything, especially with a young baby in the house. Even though my business was thriving, I decided to put my business on hold until my youngest daughter was older. I wanted to spend my time with my children and put my energy in teaching them. It was during this time that I starting reading the Bible more and studying it. I was fascinated in learning from the women of the Bible, but came very intrigued with one women in particular. Tabitha, also called Dorcas. Tabitha became my hero (in a sense) because of the way she lived her life and by what was said about her after she died. Her story is found in Acts 9. Tabitha was the women in the community who always went around doing good deeds. She was also a seamstress. The people were touched deeply by the things that she made for them. She was truly loved by those who knew her!

So, when I decided to start my business back up again, after a 3 year break, I decided to change the name of my business to A Touch of Tabitha Bag Boutique because I realized that I had a strong desire to be like her. Now my business name has a whole new meaning to me! My business means so much more to me than just making money. It is more like a ministry to me now. I want people to be drawn to God when they deal with me. I want to be a "northern star" pointing people to Him. That is the purpose and goal of my business. If I accomplish that goal, than my business will truly be successful.

The main products that I make right now is tote bags and purses. I have a lot of plans for my business for the future, but right now I am happy with my totes. It is the one thing that I enjoy making the most! If you get the chance, please stop by and visit my website. I would love to hear from you! Thank you for allowing me to share my story!

It has been a pleasure serving the online community through my business and I'm thankful for all the wonderful people I've been able to meet.

http://www.atouchoftabitha.com/
atouchoftabitha@yahoo.com

No comments: